Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I cannot read.






So can't read what is assigned and forgot to post 3 book covers, but I have them here and ready to go, so lets start with the ugly one just to get it out of the way.

Yeah at first I couldn't read the title or any of the other copy. I'm fond of the pattern but that may be because I have trouble making them. I really question the use of a pattern so large and bold on a cover of a book by Freud and the treatment of the copy is just horrible and next to unreadable.


It's constructivist and that is about all I need. The illustration is sharp and conveys the dark overtones of Orwells work. This si clearly a cartoon for adults and also brings a vintage vibe to this book.


We have complimentary colors and a clearly related image. The First and second read are just the image and the title and I think that's how I think books should be. The proportions are great and the balance with the negative space plays very well with the entire visual.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I like the pattern that you chose, and the green color. but it's hard to read. I feel there are different sizes of your font. Try to use the bottom space (darker green area). feel free to leave some space on your page.
    2. I like it. because the balance and the border catch my attention. easier to read, clear title. but I am not sure about the red pig. it is large and in the center. you might try other colors on it. or make it little bit darker.
    3. I like the negative space. the red words against the green object kinda hurt my eyes.

    How to divided the rectangular?
    How to use the color? Font? and space?

    ReplyDelete